Mia A. Storm focuses her practice in complex civil litigation. Mia maintains a national trial practice involving fiduciary matters, real estate litigation, partnership disputes, employment matters, and international and complex marital estate litigation. Mia has significant experience in class action litigation in state and federal court and has jury and non-jury trial experience, as well as arbitration experience.
- Defended wide range of employers, throughout Texas and the United States, in cases involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, workers’ compensation retaliation, FLSA violations and other claims arising out of the employee/employer relationship.
- Represented and advised clients in disputes related to real estate transactions, including but not limited to suits involving multifamily development, homeowner association disputes, environmental disputes, partition suits, construction defects and premises liability.
- Represented clients on both sides through successful certification and decertification of class and collective actions.
- Defended range of entities and executive-level individuals in disputes over non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements, as well as allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented multiple parties in complex estate litigation involving significant assets, issues involving complex tracing, family-limited partnerships, trusts, corporate buy-sell agreements and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Represented clients on all sides of Title IX matters involving sexual misconduct procedures in a university context.
- Represented company in an international arbitration against a partner involving claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
- Prosecuted judicial misconduct proceedings.
- Represents landowners against municipalities and condemning authorities in entitlement litigation and condemnation proceedings.
- Multiple engagements involving complex marital estate litigation.
- Texas Rising Star, 2017 – 2021, Thomson Reuters Legal
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation, 2023
Travis County Women Lawyers Foundation Texas Young Lawyers Association Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
All Texas State Courts U.S. District Court for Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
J.D., University of Texas School of Law B. S., University of Texas