James Hatchitt represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex business litigation before both state and federal courts, with significant experience in business torts, fraud, contracts, insurance coverage, employment disputes, real estate, and fiduciary and probate matters. An Austin native, James earned his undergraduate degree from The University of Texas at Austin and his law degree from Baylor University School of Law, where he represented the school in numerous mock trial competitions across the nation.
Prior to join WSH, James served as a law clerk to Judge Ed Kinkeade in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, and served as a partner at a litigation boutique in Austin and as a litigation associate in Houston for an international law firm.
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2o24
- Texas Rising Stars – 2017-2020, 2022-2023
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Association
- Life Fellow, Austin Bar Association
- All Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Ninth Circuits
- J.D. with honors, Baylor University School of Law
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin