Tim Cleveland is a trial lawyer who has represented individuals, corporations and professional service firms in a wide variety of commercial disputes that involve professional malpractice, intellectual property, trade secrets, employment matters, fiduciary relationships, energy, probate and products liability. A skilled litigator with multiple courtroom verdicts, Tim is a dedicated advocate who enjoys putting the pieces of a case together for his clients and presenting that case to a judge and jury.
Prior to joining Weisbart Springer Hayes, Tim practiced for six years with Beck Redden LLP, one of the top commercial trial firms in the nation.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for a sports league in an antitrust trial, which resulted in treble damages and a multi-million dollar judgment for the league.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for international law firm in malpractice trial concerning the firm’s representation of a German client in the acquisition of a Texas air parts company.
- Obtained a favorable ruling for a state university in an evidentiary hearing concerning the termination of an employee for violating the school’s policy against sexual harassment.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for Texas law firm in malpractice trial concerning the firm’s representation of a client in a commercial transaction and litigation arising from that transaction.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for son of a deceased Texas oilman in a will contest trial brought by the decedent’s daughter.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in a criminal case in Kerrville, Texas.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for a prisoner in a civil rights trial against a prison guard for violation of the prisoner’s Sixth Amendment rights.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for Texas law firm in a malpractice trial brought by the heirs of a deceased partner concerning the distribution of profits from contingency matter.
- Represented a manufacturer of advanced cosmetic lasers in a patent trial in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented a bank in a patent trial in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented a former CEO of a Fortune 500 company in a dispute with his former employer concerning the distribution of stock options and company valuation.
Honors and Distinctions
Texas Rising Stars, 2010, 2014, Thomson Reuters Legal
All Texas State Courts
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
State Bar of Texas, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
J.D., with honors, University of Texas Law School, 2006
B.A., University of Texas, 2003