Tim Cleveland is a Partner in Weisbart Springer Hayes who represents clients in high-stakes legal disputes. Tim has represented individuals, start-up companies, corporations and professional service firms across the country in a wide variety of commercial and contractual disputes that involve trade secrets, intellectual property, media rights (including television and film rights), employment matters, fiduciary relationships, professional malpractice, energy, probate and products liability. A dedicated advocate who has obtained multiple courtroom verdicts, Tim prepares every case with the expectation that it will be tried to verdict. Tim works with clients to take the most complex issues in a case and distill them into a simple, convincing story. Tim’s practice also involves counseling clients on how to avoid litigation, and negotiating resolutions to disputes before legal proceedings are initiated, where it is in the client’s best interest to do so.
Prior to joining Weisbart Springer Hayes, Tim practiced for six years with Beck Redden LLP, one of the top commercial trial firms in the nation.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for a sports league in an antitrust trial, which resulted in treble damages and a multi-million dollar judgment for the league.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for international law firm in malpractice trial concerning the firm’s representation of a German client in the acquisition of a Texas air parts company.
- Obtained a favorable ruling for a state university in an evidentiary hearing concerning the termination of an employee for violating the school’s policy against sexual harassment.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for Texas law firm in malpractice trial concerning the firm’s representation of a client in a commercial transaction and litigation arising from that transaction.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for son of a deceased Texas oilman in a will contest trial brought by the decedent’s daughter.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in a criminal case in Kerrville, Texas.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for a prisoner in a civil rights trial against a prison guard for violation of the prisoner’s Sixth Amendment rights.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict for Texas law firm in a malpractice trial brought by the heirs of a deceased partner concerning the distribution of profits from contingency matter.
- Represented a manufacturer of advanced cosmetic lasers in a patent trial in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented a bank in a patent trial in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented a former CEO of a Fortune 500 company in a dispute with his former employer concerning the distribution of stock options and company valuation.
Honors and Distinctions
Texas Rising Stars, 2010, 2014, Thomson Reuters Legal
All Texas State Courts
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
State Bar of Texas, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
J.D., with honors, University of Texas Law School, 2006
B.A., University of Texas, 2003