Nicole LeFave focuses her practice in complex business and real estate entitlement litigation. Ms. LeFave has represented clients on a variety of matters, including contract law, fiduciary relationships, employment law, intellectual property, deceptive trade practices, and entitlements associated with commercial and residential properties. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants at the trial-court level, on appeals, in arbitration, and in administrative hearings. Her clients include large corporations, nonprofit organizations, and individuals. Before joining Weisbart Springer Hayes, Nicole clerked for two federal trial-court judges, which provides her with a unique perspective on federal practice from behind the bench.
- Obtained as co-counsel a favorable jury verdict and damage award in a business dispute involving a complex statute of frauds issue.
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award for a client before a FINRA arbitration panel.
- Represented non-profit corporation asserting breaches of fiduciary duty against board members and founders.
- Served as co-counsel in successfully defending large employer against claims of disability discrimination.
- Served as co-counsel in defending a large employer against FLSA collective action.
- Served as co-counsel in defense of civil RICO claims.
- Prosecuted real estate entitlements rights claims for property owners.
All Texas State Courts
U.S. District Courts for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Austin Bar Association
Austin Young Lawyers Association
Lloyd Lochridge Inn of Court
Young Women’s Alliance
Hon. Gregg Costa, Southern District of Texas (now Fifth Circuit)
Hon. Mark Lane, Western District of Texas
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
Order of Barristers
Best Brief, ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition
J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law
B.A., with honors, University of Texas