Mia Adams Storm focuses her practice in commercial litigation and has successfully represented clients in a broad range of complex business disputes. Mia has experience in disputes involving contracts, partnerships, deceptive trade practices, trade secret misappropriation, employment matters, fiduciary relationships, professional malpractice, probate, real estate, construction liability, and international and complex marital estate litigation. Mia has significant experience in class action litigation in state and federal court and has jury and non-jury trial experience
- Defended wide range of employers, throughout Texas and the United States, in cases involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, workers’ compensation retaliation, FLSA violations and other claims arising out of the employee/employer relationship.
- Represented and advised clients in disputes related to real estate transactions, including but not limited to suits involving multifamily developments, homeowner association disputes, environmental disputes, partition suits, construction defects and premises liability.
- Represented clients on both sides of classes of plaintiffs through successful certification and decertification of class and collective actions.
- Defended range of entities and individuals in disputes over non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements, as well as allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented multiple parties in complex divorces involving significant assets, issues involving complex tracing, family-limited partnerships, trusts, corporate buy-sell agreements and breach of fiduciary duty claims between spouses.
- Represented clients in international jurisdictional disputes including those arising under the Hague convention and international child custody disputes.
- Represented an executive of a company in a dispute related to the executive’s exit from the company and against allegations that the executive breached fiduciary obligations to the company.
- Represented doctor in dissolution of clinic partnership.
- Represented individual in Title IX matter involving sexual misconduct procedures in private university context.
- Represented and advised university regarding tenured faculty matters.
- Represented company in an international arbitration against a joint venture partner from China involving claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
Texas Rising Star, 2017, Thomson Reuters Legal
American Bar Association
Texas Young Lawyers Association
Unauthorized Practice of Law Subcommittee
All Texas State Courts
U.S. District Court for Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
B. S., University of Texas