Successfully addressing the complex business and contractual issues surrounding the aviation industry often requires detailed knowledge of aircraft design, operations, facilities and maintenance. The potential of federal investigations and enforcement actions provides another level of scrutiny.
As an Airline Transport rated pilot, ex-flight instructor and ground instructor, Geoff Weisbart provides experienced and effective aviation litigation counsel for our clients. Working with the firm’s other attorneys he regularly counsels companies and individuals regarding liability risks, charter and management agreements, sales contracts, warranty and indemnity issues, insurance, and other issues related to aviation.
This experience includes:
- Litigation with aircraft manufacturers
- Defending regional airlines and operators in FAA investigations and enforcement actions
- Representing airline pilots, commercial pilots and private pilots in employment issues
- Disputes involving Part 135/Department of Defense contracts
- Representing owners and operators in FAA investigations of Part 135 policies, procedures and specifications
- Controversies regarding the purchase and sale of aircraft
- Suits involving appropriate repair of piston, turbo-prop and jet aircraft
- AOPA panel attorney experience
- NTSB accident investigations